It would be impossible not to have noticed the rise in popularity of tattoos in modern society. The stigma that was stapled to people who wore tattoos twenty or thirty years ago has pretty much disappeared, and now they are proudly shown off by people from all walks of life. From famous actors and media stars to the girl next door, it appears that everyone is now looking for that exciting, unique new tattoo that enhances their appearance and sends a colorful message to the world they live in!
Traditionally, specialized artists in parlors or studios were the source for obtaining tattoos. Each studio had a portfolio of tattoo designs which they could ink, and choosing one involved leafing through pages of examples until the right one was found. This process is inconvenient and time-consuming, and more often than not involved disappointment when that perfect, unique tattoo was simply not there.
There is now an alternative in this electronic age – The Internet! There are now vast online databases of tattoo designs from all possible genres. Celtic tattoos, tribal tattoos, Arabic or cyrillic tattoos – whatever your particular tattoo ideas, they are bound to be there.
There are enormous advantages to finding tattoos online. Here are the top ten reasons to finding your own unique tattoo via the Internet:
1. Convenience – physically attending tattoo parlors and studios is time-consuming, and there is no guarantee of success if your perfect new tattoo is not amongst their collection of tattoo ideas.
2. Genres – Whilst some major studios offer a large selection of tattoo genres, very few of them offer them all. Online sites have tattoo designs from all genres, allowing greater freedom of choice for the customer.
3. Range – With thousands upon thousands of tattoo ideas, online sites offer the greatest choice of tattoo designs and artwork within each genre.
4. Uniqueness – Most people want to find a new tattoo as unique as they are. With designs submitted from artists worldwide, it is likely that you will find a tattoo that no-one has ever seen before!
5. Blending – most online sites offer the ability to blend two or more tattoos together to form a truly unique tattoo design. This is especially important in genres such as Celtic, which often incorporate more than one tattoo design within the overall print.
6. Bookmarking – online sites offer typical computer-based benefits such as creating a short-list of favorite tattoos. You can then choose your perfect tattoo from this short list – and perhaps after that tattoo has been inked, you can come back a little later and consider getting another on that shortlist!
7. Constant Updates – online tattoo sites are constantly adding new tattoo designs from their selection of artists. Your membership to the site allows access to all of these newer designs!
8. Quality – most online sites only display tattoo designs of the highest electronic quality. This is extremely important, as you will eventually have to present a physical or electronic copy to your artist – the higher the quality, the better it will eventually look on your skin!
9. Membership Benefits – these include access to information and videos on what other members have done with their tattoos. Some great tattoo ideas can spring from seeing the tattoo flashes from other satisfied subscribers! There are also tips and tricks for caring for your tattoo, and how to ensure your tattoo is applied safely.
10. Worldwide Studio Directories – A new tattoo is for life! Therefore, it is essential that it is applied by artists of the highest skill. Most online tattoo sites will have directories of the best studios and artists. Licensing is required in many countries, and this will also be shown in the directory listing.
So, why spend hours or even days visiting parlors and studios in your local area when you can get the best tattoo ideas by just sitting down in front of your computer and plugging into the Internet! You are sure to discover that perfect tattoo design online – whether it be your first tattoo, or another exciting & decorative addition to your existing collection!